'Batman v Superman' is weird + 'How to Get Away with Murder' season finale - Today's Review

Here's myreview/reaction of the latest movies I've watched (in no particular order). For reviews only: I will also add here my review/reaction from the US TV shows that I watch. My grade would be from 1 to 5.

Magdagdag ng caption
1. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016 | Action | US)
Last Tuesday, I was able to watch Batman v Superman  with my friends. I must say we were an (or atleast I am) enthusiastic crowd. But let's move on to my review:

WARNING: It may contain spoilers from the movie


First of all, I think the movie was good (almost near to bad), coming from a DC Fan, but I can feel that there is something wrong with the movie. It's fast paced but its still boring at some times. The CGI is sometimes weird (yeah, it's unique but some parts aren't really forgivable). The story looks forced. 

What saved the movie? Acting. Ben Affleck is a great Batman although his plot isn't really great. Henry Cavill is Henry Cavill. Amy Adams is wonderful not her role in the movie. Jessie Eisenberg is another weird one. He is sometimes great, sometimes uneven.Gal Gadot is AMAZING. I remember one scene where she fiercely smiled (signaling her revenge to Doomsday) is so much alluring. Plus is the great score from Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL. Other actors were great as well. The cameos were fun as well but looked like an advertisement for what's more to come.

Dawn of Justice is a weird movie. Yes, I will recommend it as a much watch but with reservations. This is a good start for the DC Extended Universe not great. What needs to be fixed is its story. I hope Justice League (also directed by Zack Snyder) won't be 'good' as this one or we're in trouble.
Score: 3/5 stars

2. How to Get Away with Murder - Season 2, Episode 15: Anna Mae
The season finale of HTGAWM offers a LOT of answers and a new death. The main plotline of the season was also solved. Kudos to the creators of this show for surviving another season. 

Score: 4/5 stars

Comments