First footage at Aldub's new epic romantic movie 'Imagine You & Me'; Can it pull the 'My Bebe Love'-like gross?


GMA has finally released a sneak peek for the much-anticipated Aldub movie Imagine You & Me. This movie is a test for the Aldub loveteam if they could still draw a huge audience now that they're out of the MMFF territory (My Bebe Love earned PHP 385 million) and the buzz has decreased significantly lately. The film will open on July 13 where it is expected to battle with the new Ghostbusters movie and The Purge: Anarchy and Star Trek: Beyond the following week. Watch the trailer below:



Imagine Maine Mendoza and Alden Richards in one epic romantic movie, and you get ‘Imagine You and Me.’ Take a look at the first trailer of the AlDub movie everyone is waiting for. (c) GMA Network

Courtesy of GMA Network
Comparing to the Kathniel loveteam, Pagpag did PHP 240 million on MMFF 2013 while their 2014 movie, She's Dating The Gangster grossed PHP 290+ million outside of MMFF. Their popularity continues to increase every year and Crazy Beautiful You, their 2015 movie, ended its run with PHP 320 million. But Aldub is a different story. The loveteam became wildly popular last year with their Eat Bulaga segment Kalyserye. But the buzz has winded down lately. Even the "Twitter tweets" has fallen: from the 'Tamang Panahon' event (I remember that was 20+ million), the tweets has now fallen to a steady 1-2 million. This tweets were my reason why I predicted My Bebe Love win vs. Beauty and the Bestie. But I was wrong, Vice Ganda has still the power to attract the 'general' audiences.

This time, with the 'tweets' now calmer, it would be a big test if they can attract the audience of My Bebe Love. On the plus side, this movie has still a big factor: Aldub was a supporting character in My Bebe Love which means this is the official first Aldub movie which could give it a huge buzz. Also, Kalyeserye might have fallen down, it remains to be popular. Also, competition is not that hard (I still don't know how powerful Ghostbusters might be). I predict a big gross for Imagine You & Me but don't expect for it to topple the previous Aldub movie and expect the movie to be more front-loaded.

Range: 130-230 million
My EarlyForecast: 170 million*

*Will change until its release week



Comments