Today's Review: Fun & Chemistry saves 'Suicide Squad'; 'Ghostbusters' okay

Here's my review/reaction of the latest movies I've watched (in no particular order). For reviews only: I will also add here my review/reaction from the US TV shows that I watch. My grade would be from 1 to 5.

1. Suicide Squad (2016 | Action | US)
Review: It's still on the DCEU - dark (some too dimmed action scenes). It's is also, like BvS, poorly edited, fast-paced, and messy (thanks to a big number of characters). What saved this movie is that it's load of fun scenes. Margot Robbie & Will Smith were both great as Harley Quinn and Deadshot. Viola Davis is striking as Amanda Waller. Jared Leto's Joker is a creepy one. He's iteration of Joker is way far from Heath Ledger which is interesting. Perhaps a longer screen time in the future would be needed. The movie's villain is not that compelling. A better editing could have made this movie great. But overall, it's good. Grade: 3.5/5

2. Ghostbusters (2016 | Comedy | US)
Review: To be honest, at the middle of the movie, I've slept. The last time that happened to me was July's Legend of Tarzan which is also a good movie. But it doesn't hurt my review. The four lead cast were good. The effects were really far from the original one. This Ghosbusters reboot is good if not spectacular. Grade: 3/5

Comments